Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today was a sad but wonderful day. It was the day of my dads best friends, 19 year old sons funeral. I did not know Tayte personally, but I knew his parents. When I heard that he had passed away, my heart just broke, it broke for the family. I cannot imagine having my precious child die, especially with no warning. But as I was praying for his parents, I just felt God saying, they lost the best gift, but I think they gained the most amazing gift, both of his parents were baptized today. They conformed that Christ came into their lives. How amazing is that? After I left the funeral I felt at peace, knowing that they were going to go to heaven also.
One thing I learned through this is, if you say you are going to pray for someone when they are hurting or need prayer, so it right then and there! We often say "I'll prayer for you" but in our busy lives we get side tracked. So make a point to really say a prayer, if you say you will. It will pay off.

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to have been at Tayte's funeral. What an awsome example of how God can take what was meant for harm and turn it to good. Don't think there was a dry eye in the place. Now as their brothers and sisters in Christ it's our job to show them love so they can grown in their relationship with the Lord! It was a praise the Lord day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Karen it was so awesome to witness that!

    ReplyDelete